Conditions of writing effective messages on ‘Positive News’ and ‘Daily Routine Queries’


The most important word in entire world is – “Me”. For any effective message the first criteria is to ensure, ‘what will I give to receiver?’ Look at things from the audience’s point of view. Emphasis on what the audience wants to know. Repeating the audiences’ interest is another technique to keep them attracted into the message. And make the audience feel important.



This mindset is named as the ‘You attitude’. Problem is, I always think about myself only. But for effective communication I have to think about others. I have to respect people. The process of communication begins with planning. I have to determine the object and predict my reader’s reaction. If positive and natural news then I have use direct sentences or else I should use indirect ones.


To improve effective message, first I have to ensure if improvement is really needed or not. B.I.F – Big Idea first, is the basic structure for writing good news and routine message.
Opening: Give the news first.
Middle: Give the details on how much the reader needs and want to know
Ending: Maintaining goodwill.

“The only disability of life is bad attitude – Scott Hamilton”


Positivity is another vital tool for communication. Beware of negative people, be careful of nay-Sayers.  Negative experience in human life is very common. I have to flash out them from memory. I should not use below words in a message – Disappointed, Careless, Unfortunate, Misunderstanding, Impossible etc.


The most harmful negative emotion is Jealousy. This only burns yourself. Now, another question is – how much anger you can show in business/with customer? To answer this, I must remember that money for rice comes from customer’s pocket. They are holy entity. So, there is absolutely no place of showing anger in communication.

Customers are chosen vehicle of God to send food to my plate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Criteria and Courtesy in Effective Business Communication

Communication Development and Audiences