Communication Development and Audiences

This article is built up based on advanced scopes of interpersonal skills. The informal communication network- generally referred as Grapevine is a key aspect of official communication. It can’t be abolished. In fact, it is one of the primary responsibilities of a manager to make it no excessive.  Negative mindsets can call it office politics, but controlling Grapevine is another important critical property of a manager. I must not resist it and must observe the social fabrics to use it for my opportunity.




Doing only job description is “non-termination” criteria. For promotion, I need extra critical skills.

Today I learnt from an important news report, which was presented about Pichai Sundararajan, better known as Sundar Pichai, is a technology executive who is now Chief Executive Officer of Google Inc. And the key behind his success is – navigating company politics. At Google there are many engineers at the highest peak of technical knowledge. But the reporter says, its rare to hear that "he is a nice guy" in his position. But Mr. Pichai was able to manage that. He has enormous emotional intelligence. 






Three basic goals of business and professionals are –
1. To inform (routine job),
2. To persuade (to make people say, “yes”) and
3. To communicate (to craft and sustain relationship).
In such hyper competitive market, we face low product differentiation and low price difference. Only way to survive here is relationship. I must not forget about the truth of human nature. Flattery is another key of relationship.


Flattery will not take everywhere you want to go; but will take anywhere you want to go. Build relationships with key people.

Every time I communicate with someone, it is a valuable opportunity to strengthen the existing relationship. And I must do it. Embracing communication and focusing to better fruitful relationship will make able to survive this market.



Now, another sole question is, why do I communicate? Because, I ‘want’ something. It can be money, business, support, service or companionship. Communication is goal oriented. It always has a purpose and is just a tool to achieve what I want. Communications has two parts- sender and receiver. To be a successful sender I have to be perfect in encoding, that is converting my thoughts to the understandable communication/ message to receiver. And it is my duty to ensure if receiver received my message. To be a better encoder there are some regulations I need to maintain. Freedom of expression is not applicable for everywhere. I have to be very careful that my message makes no harm in anyone’s mind without my intension. I need to know all the factors that affect receivers/ audience’s understanding level.  Everything is beautiful depending on situation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Criteria and Courtesy in Effective Business Communication

Conditions of writing effective messages on ‘Positive News’ and ‘Daily Routine Queries’